||Household Goods Mover I
To assist in the preparation and basic relocation of household activity. Is fully capable of completing the essential functions, including but not limited to, general Household Goods Moving processes.
PRINCIPAL/ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ability to follow directions as given by supervisor or advanced level HHG movers.
2. Informed about residence / property protection; able to use properly to prevent damage to job site. Including but not limited to doors, floors, steps and walls.
3. Knowledge of and ability to use basic tools such as, but not limited to drills, screwdrivers, rubber hammer.
4. Knowledge of and ability to use moving equipment such as: 2-wheel and 4-wheel dollies, walk boards, appliance carts
5. Perform basic assembly and disassembly of furniture, including but not limited to beds, bookshelves, and tables.
6. Perform packing in a manner that is consistent and compliant with the Graebel Packer Certification. This duty will also include wrapping (fine finish, upholstery and shrink).
7. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. This will include the ability to transfer skills and work in a similar position in the role of Commercial Mover I & Warehouse Services I, as work dictates.
High School diploma or equivalent. May include specialized classes beyond high school.
--Household goods moving experience preferred
--Graebel Packer Certified
Skills and Abilities:
Has proficient understanding of principles in one or more functions. Typically possesses 0 to 3 years of relevant work experience. Understanding or ability to learn the Household Goods Moving Process.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to read, and interpret correspondence and memos. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Proficient in lift & carry techniques, basic packing & padding skills, general knowledge of material types and usage
Graebel Van Lines, LLC is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet
||Send This Job to a Friend