||PPM-Health & Safety Manager
||Regular Full Time
||4615 N Lewis Ave
The Health and Safety Manager is responsible for designing and overseeing programs that help ensure a safe working environment for all POET Team members. Additionally, the Health & Safety Manager is responsible for assisting POET Biorefineries with analyzing,
troubleshooting, and resolving potential problems with plant operations relating to health and safety. The Health & Safety Manager must be able to effectively work in a team environment both on site with the operations group as well as with contacts at the
managed plants. This position reports to a Regional Vice President of Operations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/COMPETENCIES
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate and provide the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health & Safety Management or higher is required.
- At least 8 years of health and safety experience with chemical processing experience. Prefer multi-facility operational experience and construction safety.
- Required certifications: Associate Safety Professional or Certified Safety Professional.
- Completed professional development; OSHA General Industry 30-Hour, DOT Hazmat Transportation, OSHA Construction 10-hour, 24 hour HAZWOPER, and HAZWOPER Train-The-Trainer; or equivalent courses or the ability to complete within six months.
- Workers’ Compensation administration experience preferred.
- Familiar or experienced with DCS control and DCS historian systems is beneficial.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to change.
- Demonstrated influential leadership skills that have shifted culture of facilities, related to EHS views.
- Documented presentation/facilitation skills and experience with both small and large group required.
- Team member must demonstrate proficient filing, documentation, record keeping and organizational skills.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
To review a complete job description
||Send This Job to a Friend