||BIO-EH & S Specialist II
||Regular Full Time
||1562 320th St
The EH&S Specialist II is responsible for the implementation of both the environmental and safety management systems at the POET biorefinery. The EH&S Specialist II creates, maintains and documents all training for the Environmental Health and Safety Program
as well as schedules, coordinates and facilitates safety training sessions for all team members at their designated biorefinery. The EH&S Specialist II will lead and direct EHS audits and inspections, behavior observations, incident investigations, and will
ensure corrective actions are implemented when needed. The EH&S Specialist II may also assist POET Design & Construction in monitoring contractor safety performance on projects at the biorefinery.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/COMPETENCIES
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate and provide the following:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a safety, environmental science, or engineering field or 6 plus years of experience in EHS work required.
- Construction safety experience is beneficial.
- Required certification, or ability to obtain within 6 months of starting the position: National Safety Council’s Advanced Safety Certificate. Higher level certifications can be substituted, these include National Registry of Environmental Professionals
Certified Environmental and Safety Compliance Officer Certificate, Associate Safety Professional, Certified Safety Professional, or Professional Engineer.
- Completed professional development; OSHA General Industry 30-Hour, DOT Hazmat Transportation, OSHA Construction 10-hour, 24 hour HAZWOPER, and HAZWOPER Train-The-Trainer; or equivalent courses.
- Documented presentation/facilitation skills and experience with both small and large group required.
- Proficient filing, documentation, record keeping and organizational skills required.
- Workers’ Compensation administration experience preferred.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to change.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
To review a complete job description
||Send This Job to a Friend