||Regular Full Time
||4615 N Lewis Ave
The Merchandiser is responsible for all POET Nutrition merchandising activities for co –products or other commodities. Implement agreed upon Sales/Marketing Plan which will meet the business goals of expanding the customer base and optimizing customer and
product mix. Stay educated about POET Nutrition’s product line at all times and be able to sell/merchandise the product to customers efficiently and effectively. The Merchandiser will manage origin inventories within marketing territory, maintain responsibility
for selling product in specific regions and must achieve set sales goals for that region. The Merchandiser must actively seek out new prospects and work to develop additional sales accounts. The Merchandiser must understand the basics of merchandising grain/feed
and effectively manage a position report and P & L statement. Travel may be required as merchandising opportunities exist.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/COMPETENCIES
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate and provide the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business, animal science, agriculture, communications or veterinary-related field, or demonstrated multi-year successful commercial work experience required.
- 1-5 years of sales/merchandising experience in the consumer products, commercial sales or agriculture sales experience preferred with a demonstrated background of exceeding quota.
- Experience in grain/feed selling preferred.
- In-depth experience in all aspects of Customer Relationship Management.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Willingness to travel routinely.
- Solid and persuasive business communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to seek out and build strong customer relationships required as well as the proven ability to grow and manage a proven sales territory.
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good business judgment and discretion and to analyze and address territory opportunities.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to change.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
To review a complete job description
||Send This Job to a Friend