||Regular Full Time
||2601 320th St
The Grain Buyer is responsible for procuring grain from producer customers, commercial accounts and managing a customer database for the location. Team members in this position monitor the competitiveness of cash grain bids and policies. They also must develop
and build strong customer relationships. Grain Buyers will need to be aware of CBOT grain prices at all times and understand current market news, local, U.S. and World S&D and other fundamental and technical market factors to talk intelligently to customers
about the market outlook. Grain Buyers are accountable for informing management of grain movements and other local news that may impact local buying efforts. Grain Buyers also may fill in for the Scale Master and must understand grain weighing and grading
procedures and policies.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/COMPETENCIES
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate and provide the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business, animal science, agriculture or related field, or demonstrated multi-year successful commercial work experience required.
- 1-5 years of grain merchandising/origination experience or other agriculture sales experience preferred with a demonstrated background of success.
- In-depth experience in all aspects of Customer Relationship Management. .
- Solid and persuasive business communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to seek out and build strong customer relationships required as well as the proven ability to grow and manage a proven sales territory.
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good business judgment and discretion and to analyze and address merchandising opportunities.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to change.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
To review a complete job description
||Send This Job to a Friend