||PRI-Fermentation Research Manager
||Regular Full Time
||4615 N Lewis Ave
The Fermentation Research Manager oversees, manages, and consults with laboratory scientists, engineers, and/or technicians to achieve commercial innovation in the area of fermentation. The Fermentation Research Manager creates value by researching new fermentation
technologies and products directly or by consulting with other teams. This role will serve as a technical lead on company initiatives, supervise technical leads on specific projects, assist in troubleshooting fermentations across POET, insure appropriate technical
documentation, and assist in reaching commercial decisions. This position will interface and represent POET on microorganism and enzyme collaborations to achieve established project goals. They evaluate new technology and provide guidance and recommendations
including business, legal, regulatory, technical and intellectual property aspects that may impact projects. The team member manages resources of equipment and staff to develop new fermentation technologies.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/COMPETENCIES
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate and provide the following:
- Advanced technical degree (M.S. or Ph.D) in a scientific field microbiology or enzymology.
- Five (5) + years of relevant experience in microbiology or enzymology related to biofuel or biochemical technology development.
- Five (5) + years of experience managing technical staff.
- Demonstrated ability to perform significant scientific research as evidenced by publications, patents, and presentations.
- Knowledge in Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Excellent organizational skills, communications skills, the ability to multi-task, and most importantly, the ability to work well in a team.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
To review a complete job description
||Send This Job to a Friend