||BIO-Plant Technician I
||Regular Full Time
||2265 E County Rd 800 S
The Plant Technician I is responsible for the operation of all plant processing equipment and performing routine maintenance in a highly automated chemical facility. In the area of maintenance, Plant Technicians are responsible for the safe and efficient
repair, maintenance and cleaning of all equipment associated with biorefining processes. Team members in this position are required to maintain knowledge of the process flow, computerized equipment and be aware of hazards associated with the process as well
as understand and execute standard operating procedures. Continuous plant operation requires 12-hour shift work. Team member must be able to adapt to 12-hour workdays and be able to meet call-in requirements as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/COMPETENCIES
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate and provide the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in a production environment preferred.
- 2 or more years of experience with fabrication, welding, torching, cutting, gearbox repair, pump alignment, material handling systems, preventative maintenance, instrument and electrical work preferred.
- Experience with software systems, such as Maximo, preferred.
- Working knowledge in math, reading comprehension and mechanical reasoning required.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills are required.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to change.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
To review a complete job description
||Send This Job to a Friend