||Regular Full Time
||4615 N Lewis Ave
The Procurement Manager is responsible to manage POET Design & Construction’s (PDC) supply of products and services including strategizing to find cost-effective deals and suppliers to support PDC. The Procurement Manager is responsible for sourcing equipment,
goods and services and managing vendors by performing strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more suppliers and subcontractors.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/COMPETENCIES
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate and provide the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain management or logistics and 4-6 years related experience; or the equivalent combination of experience and education to equal 10 years.
- Proven working experience in the procurement field, including negotiation of contracts >$1M, and negotiation of major mechanical and civil subcontractors.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market.
- Talent in negotiations and networking.
- Good knowledge of supplier of third party management software.
- Aptitude in decision-making and experience in collecting and analyzing data.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels within the organization as well as deliver oral presentations on moderately complex subject matter.
- Exemplify professionalism at all times whether communicating by email, writing, phone, or in person.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to change.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
To review a complete job description
||Send This Job to a Friend