||LLC-Senior Vice President and General Counsel
||Regular Full Time
||4615 N Lewis Ave
The Senior Vice President and General Counsel is the primary legal advisor and legal strategist to the Chief Executive Officer, Leadership Team and the Board of Directors. This position is responsible for overseeing the entire Legal function and all of the
associated responsibilities. A team member in this position will need to have a strong strategic and tactical capability and will be an integral part of POET’s Leadership Team.
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate and provide the following:
- Fifteen plus years general corporate legal experience, including significant experience in a relevant in-house position in a business environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, communications skills, the ability to multi-task, and the ability to work well in a team.
- A strategic thinker who can apply their intellect and creativity in providing sound risk assessments and innovative legal solutions.
- Assertive, self-motivated, and results-oriented with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- An effective corporate leader and manager of executives, lawyers, staff and outside counsel who builds and maintains the confidence of the Company and its senior leadership.
- Recognize and anticipate a wide and broad variety of legal issues.
- Thorough understanding of the biofuels industry and passionate about being involved in a constantly evolving, mission-driven business.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely, confidently and professionally with all levels within the company regarding difficult and complex issues.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills, with a proven ability to provide advice, counseling and representation that is understandable and pragmatic, relying on both a comprehensive business and legal foundation.
- Ability to collaborate with team members at all levels of the organization and communicate complex issues in a concise, plain language manner.
- Strong business acumen, common sense and sound judgment.
- Superior negotiation skills.
- Unquestionable professional standards and personal integrity.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an ABA accredited nationally-recognized law school with superior academic credentials and have active membership in good standing in at least one state bar association.
- Currently licensed to practice law in at least one state and willing and able to become licensed in South Dakota within one year of joining POET.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
To review a complete job description
||Send This Job to a Friend