||PDC-Operations Engineer - Design and Construction
||Regular Full Time
||4615 N Lewis Ave
The Operations Engineer is responsible for understanding, planning, directing, and coordinating the commissioning and startup of capital projects installed by POET Design and Construction (PDC). It is the responsibility of the Operations Engineer to analyze,
troubleshoot, and resolve potential problems with plant operations when new projects come online. The Operations Engineer works under the guidance of senior engineers to help plan, direct, and coordinate all technical activities of the PDC Start-up/Commissioning
team. Continuous plant operation requires 12-hour shift work, including days, nights, and weekends. Team member must be able to adapt to 12-hour workdays, variable schedules, and meet call-in requirements as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/COMPETENCIES
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate and provide the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field: Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Biosystems Engineering, Biological and Agricultural Systems Engineering, etc.
- 4 or more years of overall engineering or operations experience with 3 or more years of experience operating in a plant or industrial environment such as grain processing, food processing, chemical processing, etc.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills are required.
- Prior project management experience preferred.
- Familiar or experience with DCS control and DCS historian systems beneficial.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to change.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
To review a complete job description
||Send This Job to a Friend