||PRI-Engineering Research Manager
||Regular Full Time
||851 Washington St
The Engineering Research Manager will direct the development and piloting of new process technology. Additionally this position will oversee all technical support of the POET Research Center. The Engineering Research Manager will need to effectively interface
with scientists to transfer technology to pilot operations and with POET Design and Construction and POET Plant Management to insure proper commercialization of new technology. The Engineering Research Manager will supervise a team of engineers dedicated to
process development, improvement, and innovation. Developing the skill base of the team, insuring safe operations, and focusing on successful process commercialization are key elements of the position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/COMPETENCIES
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate and provide the following:
- Chemical engineering degree or equivalent required.
- Five (5) + years of relevant experience in process research, process design, or plant operations required.
- Five (5) + years of experience managing technical staff.
- Experience with engineering tools such as ChemCad, Aspen, or equivalent is helpful.
- Knowledge in Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Excellent organizational skills, communications skills, the ability to multi-task, and most importantly, the ability to work well in a team.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
To review a complete job description
||Send This Job to a Friend