||Technology Field Service Tech / SITECH
||Background and Expectations:
• Typical company working hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM Central, excluding company holidays and approved days off. It also is necessary at times to work hours outside the typical work week, including overnight travel for support and
service issues, job training and company events and meetings.
• Two-year degree or in electronics or similar technology-related field of study is desired. Along with 2 + years experience with mechanical, hydraulics and/or electrical systems on heavy construction equipment. Will consider mechanical and/or technical training,
certifications and/or hands-on experience in lieu of formal degree.
• Technical / mechanical aptitude with the ability and desire to learn new technologies and become knowledgeable and proficient in working with machine control systems on construction machinery.
• Must be a dependable, motivated self-starter with a solid work ethic, positive attitude, and service orientation.
• Must obtain excellent communications skills to effectively deal with people face-to-face, on the telephone and e-mail communication.
• PC skills in using Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Internet Explorer. Will be required to learn company’s computer systems, software applications and reporting processes.
• Ability to successfully complete factory-sponsored courses and programs, online classes and tutorials, and other such educational opportunities to enhance technical knowledge and professional development.
• Must be able to act in a professional manner to coworkers and SITECH Texoma customers. Must be driven to exceed customer expectations.
• The most desirable candidate is a person of ethical integrity and one who desires personal and company growth. Must comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and must comply with all company policies and procedures.
Key Job Duties –The following is an overview of the key job duties required. This list includes, but is not limited to…..
• Become factory-trained on equipment and processes to provide superior technical service and support to SITECH Texoma customers. The focus will be in the repair, service and support of 2D and 3D heavy construction machine control & guidance systems, paving
systems, site positioning and asset management / mobile GPS technologies, components and related software.
• Provide field installation, system troubleshooting and repairs and training support for customers in the field.
• Proficiency in welding, cutting and general metal fabrication is a must.
• Perform bench technician work (testing, diagnostics, repair, calibration, firmware upgrading), following standard procedures to provide high-quality service in line with customer expectations and company service and revenue goals.
• Work with SITECH Texoma management, sales personnel, sales engineers, and Trimble representatives as warranted for purposes of service, troubleshooting and support. Provide timely follow-up and resolution, and remain current on open projects to keep work
backlog to a minimum.
• Support other key operational areas and activities within SITECH Texoma, including but are not limited to warranty, on-site customer demonstrations.
• Manage required service and support-related information, forms and paperwork as directed by management and/or in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as required.